Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)
My Lesson 2 Reconnect with oil paint colors ...


Creating Color Lesson #1:
Connecting 2 Place & People

Concept:  Community

Art Element 2 Explore:  Color

My Song:  “That Song” | Oshkè yè ii, Whitefish Bay Singers, 2007

My Place:  My journey begins with me walking the streets of Paris, dipping in the North Sea with the Ramous Family off the coast of Gothenburg, and trekking to Sodankylä with Karin to the Midnight Sun Film Festival for a pottery show.

Algonquin roots in the Coastal Plains of Eastern North Carolina from the Skaru:’re Historical Trails of Highway 301 Business and Highways 13, 42, 58, 64, 97 and 258.  Art community roots to the Arts and Crafts Movement demonstrated by Miss Lucy Morgan at Penland School of Crafts.

IAM:  Who am I?  I’m Contentnea Creek clay pulled from the earth thousands of years ago.  I’m present and in the moment.  I’m studying “The Art of War.”  


My textile is the backdrop for the faculty show card ...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment