Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

Many Moons

It's been Many Moons since my last journal.  Writing class, Penland Auction and teacher work-days are all over.  Finished my first week with learners at Chowan University.  One week down and 15 more to go -- The Count Down Begins!

Baking this weekend helped me clear my head and focus on "What I want to make today!"  I want to make color!  Color, color and more color.  The high point of this semester is my teaching Oil Painting Methods.  Teaching this class at this moment in my life is a blessing from Creator.  God did this!  I know beyond a shadow of doubt that God did it.  I’m so broken and I've missed oil painting.  It's a jealous first lover that warms me in hue, value and intensity.

I'm a Blues Warrior traveling the original Blues Trails on Hwy 301 Business and Highways 97 and 258.  I'm content and at peace with the circumstances of my life.  God's plan is a perfect plan and much better than what I could come up with.  I'm guilty of chasing a Waterfall of a man who talks God, has a sharp tongue and lashes out "to rip you a new one."  The Holy Spirit delivered me.  Looks can be deceiving.

So, it's just Jesus and me on this two hour to and from journey each day.  Patricia is my NDN art sister, the first I've ever had.  Patricia and I are cut from the same remnant of humanity; were like fraternal twins.  Libby Lynn is my love child.  I thank God for the blessings of friendship and my connections to people and places.  It brings me joy as I drive on Algonquin homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment