Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

What Do I Want 2 Make Today?


Dear World:  I’m still working on developing my new habit of journaling my journey.  Journaling is like drawing in that you just have to keep at it day by day.  One of my favorite artists is Hans Hofmann.  One of his quotes says, “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.”  The development of my daily habit to journal is like stripping my creative life down to a contour drawing.  What’s the most important?  What must be done in this moment to achieve my goal of making a body of work?  If I am truly transformed does the reality of my life visually witness that transformation?  Day three of many more to come as I journal while indigo dyeing on the Tuscarora Ancestral Homeland.


No comments:

Post a Comment