Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

Walking Out The Chowan Lake Vann Blues


Dear World ~ What Do I Want 2 Make Today | The Indigo Blues | Sometimes pieces of ourselves gets lost on this Earth Walk.  We leave breadcrumbs to ourselves so we’ll know to listen to things more than beings.  That’s my realization from listening.  Too much talk and too little action! I’m at war with myself!  I’m walking out a Chowan Blues song to the lyrics of Ms. Billie Holiday, “You don't know what love is, until you've learned the meaning of the Blues.” Sweet Baby Jesus I get it.  Traveling over the Ancient Trails of Hwy 42 and 258, I feel the blood of Our Ancestors.  It’s so many of us! If we could stop bickering with one another The River People of the Coastal Plains from Mt. Katahdin to Florida would be a mighty Nation.  We are all the Remnant of First Nations People who were ground zero for the take over of these lands.  We all got The Blues!  But, I’m walking out my Blues at Chowan beside Lake Vann, with nothing and nobody but Jesus.  Journaling My Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment