Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

Order My Steps #13/30 Art That Heals

"Where am I going with art?" is my question for today.  I pulled out by Creative Capital notes and workbooks yesterday to begin the process once again of supporting myself as an artist.  None of us have the ability to understand our path until it's over.  But Creative Capital taught me that an artist's life is between two sensibilities -- the process of creating and being "the greatest salesman in the world."  Art passes on gifts and brings us together as human beings.  So, today I begin anew with excited joy about what tomorrow will bring.  "Dancing Clouds" are teaching me humility! 

And in 20 days I'll be physically dancing in the clouds on top of Penland Mountain.  Penland is my healing, peaceful fortress in the clouds.  It's all the good that I've done come back to me.  The good that I share that's never acknowledged, the good that never receives a kind word or a thanks.  Life isn't fair.  But, all of us reap what we sow, even if it's a late crop.  Oh, what a life!

New Process:  Clouds and sky are now a vertical mixed media background.  I'm having to create mixed media paintings to prepare of an upcoming fall class:  Putting It All Together with Mixed Media at Wilson Community College.  Description reads as follows, "Explore painting, drawing, collage, transfer images and printmaking techniques with acrylic paints, gels and mediums.  This process can be used on paper or canvas to create beautiful works of layered imagery."  So, I spend all day with this process.  This is painted paper collaged onto a canvas.  Can't see it in the photo but I drew a flower that I'll paint using acrylics. Beautiful end product but very time consuming to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment