Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

I Greet This Day With Love In My Heart #16/30 Art That Heals

Step 2 Mixed Media Canvas
Love really does make the world go around!  As a maker of things, love has to be the fuel for my creative energies.  To be full of radiant light I have to be full of love for myself and others.  For me this means letting go and letting God.  Sometime ago an artist told me that he didn't like what he creates, consequently he was reluctant to share his talents with others.  His words and actions taught me a valuable lesson, that as a teacher I share with my students:  "Just make it happen by throwing your heart into it, knowing that your brain will catch up!"  "You can do it!"

It goes back to that question, "What do you want to create today?" or for me, "What do I want to create today?"  Do I want to create in love or in some type of blue funk frustration?  I can only change me, and let my experiences witness what's in my heart.  Xavier Toubes was one of my professors at UNC.  He told me that their was already a lot of negative stuff in the world, and asked if I wanted to add to the negative stuff or add to the positive.  Well, I want to add to the positive.  I want to make the world and my surroundings better than I found them.  I want to be a blessing to people who cross my Earth Walk. So, without discrimination as to "them vs. us" I will greet each day with love in my heart!  I pray for Divine Mercy for all of us on this 4th of July!  Today I will create drawings in color on two mixed media prepared canvases and prepare more canvases with colored gesso for cloud paintings.
Step 2 Mixed Media Canvas
Step 1 MM Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment