Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

Over and Over #11/30 Art That Heals

When is art work done?  The "Dancing Clouds" paintings are taking on a life of their own.  I'm tweeking some of the first ones that I painted.  I've found my grove and am now going with the flow.  Need to expand my creativity next week and create examples for upcoming fall classes, i.e. the elements of art and principles of design in a visual journal, and mixed media functional stuff (placemats, floor cloths, and who knows what!).  One of the joys of teaching (other than summer vacation) is making stuff you wouldn't normally do.  My Yat Randolph would say, "Those who learn, teach."  The more you paint or do anything the better you become.  That's a difficult concept for children to understand when it comes to learning about art. As I create, I'm constantly thinking about teaching strategies that can help students think and solve problems.  Other than the lack of manners, that's my observation on what's wrong with our schools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment