Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

Without The One You Love Day #3/30 Art That Heals

Heartache, rejection and disappointment are part of our shared human experience.  The circumstances of life can crush, stomp and beat you down.  It's been many days when I hurt all over, from head to toe, and felt like my circumstances were walking on me with Stiletto heels.  The isolation of not being with the one you love amplifies the pain.  But, God's grace saves me.

"#5 Dancing Clouds Day 03"
One of the tools of healing is painting from life, especially using oil paints.  The process focuses us to be in the moment.  Sitting on my porch watching the sunrise and clouds in the sky requires my full attention.  It's an exercise in observation and concentration.  Every time I blink or look down to paint, the clouds dance by as if on que.  The clouds are never the same throughout the day.

With each painting and every sunrise, I feel the stresses of life draining away.  I'm humbled and thankful for each of these precious moments in time.

I though ahead and painted my canvas with pink Gesso today.  My paint colors are Ultramarine Blue, Cad Red Deep, Cerulean Blue, Sap Green and White.

No comments:

Post a Comment