Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing! Day #2/30 Art That Heals

""#3 Dancing Clouds Day 02"
Oil on Canvas Panel

Welcome Summer!  I've got the smell of oil paints on my hands and in my studio.  It's the first time this studio has experienced this smell.  It's been a long time for me, and I've missed it.  Oil painting is like an old friend who has been gone way too long.  I'm glad she's back, and this time I plan to keep and cherish oil painting in my everyday life experiences.

Painting clouds as I see them dance by in the sky is not an easy task.  Every time I look down to paint, I miss something that's now gone.  It smells like the woods are on fire somewhere down east, and the clouds are smoky.  Tying to paint clouds and smoke as they are dancing pass me -- now, that's a challenge.  But, I plan to keep at it.  This is my art therapy, and with all that I've been through, the process should not be easy.  I need to work out all the demons of rejection, heartache and people being mean to me.  Life isn't fair but God's justice is divine.

So, I'll reteach myself to see and to paint.  I'll heal my brokenness and my scars will make me stronger.  Another Penland Experience is about a month away.  By the time I get there I should be "Rolling in the Deep" part of creativity.  Oh, I'm so happy and full of JOY!  Summer vacation ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment