Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

When I Don't Know What To Do #4/30 Art That Heals

"#6 Dancing Clouds Day 04"
Sometimes, I don't know what to do, what to say or where to go.  It's in these moments I feel the closest to God.  That perfect Peace that comes from the Holy Spirit, when I surrender all to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  God's Grace saves me.  The circumstances and injustices of everyday life are painful and disappointing but God's plan for my life is perfect.  Yes, I have scars but I'm not defeated.  Yes, I've had setbacks.  I've fallen down on my own, and been knocked down by the mean-spiritedness of insecurity more times than I can count.  But, I'm still here.  Still able to see beauty in the midst of pain.  I'm walking out the perseverance required to be an artist. 

I'm so thankful for God's mercy.  Painting clouds is turning into a pray of thanksgiving.  Moments spend in creative expression and deep concentration.

No comments:

Post a Comment