Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

At Last! Day #1/30 Art That Heals

Today is the first day of my summer vacation after teaching art to K-8 children.  This academic year was bruising.  But, yesterday is gone forever.  Today, in these first moments of freedom, I'm painting oil paintings as a way to heal my wounded spirit.

I started my art making life as a painter and now I'm back to my beginnings.  Oh, what a journey!  So, today begins 30 days of healing art painting cloud studies, which I'm calling "Clouds Dancing."

My pottery studio is a wreck from pulling stuff out to teach adult pottery classes and unloading personal belongings that I took to SallieB.  Life Lesson Learned:  "Don't take so much of my stuff to another teaching job because it's too much trouble to move it back."  So, I pulled out my oil paintings.  I'm rusty from the long absence, but practice makes perfect.  I'm not ever going to stop painting again, no matter what obstacles come my way.  I'm an A-R-T-I-S-T!  A colorist, according to Mr. Saltzman.  I'm born that way....so, get over loosing the love of your life for the second time.  Sometimes love hurts, cause life ain't fair!  But it's time to check out of the Blues Room at the "Heartbreak Hotel!"
"#1 Clouds Dancing Over Blue Ridge"

No comments:

Post a Comment