Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

My Journey ~ Part #3 ~ I Am Changing!

CHANGING:  The blessing of another Lucy Morgan Scholarship in 2010, made it clear to me that I was standing on the prayers of Miss Lucy.  I was confirmed into the Episcopal faith at St. John’s in Sylvia – the home church of Miss Lucy and Father Morgan.  The Bishop told me that an ordinary person could achieve extraordinary things with God’s help.  I am the most ordinary of people – a mixed blood Indian girl of color from Eastern North Carolina.  Learning printing on clay with Paul Wandless and Kathy King was a big piece of my creative puzzle because of my graphics background.  I’m walking out the process of changing from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment