Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

My Journey ~ Part #2 ~ New Day

I was still swimming in the ocean of uncertainty when I arrived at Penland in 2009.  Once again I was blessed with a work-study scholarship.  Renewed with the knowledge that the weight of the pain of the circumstances of my life was lifted, my transformation took place in my hands.  I discovered relief tile making with Angelica Pozo, and my hands learned a new way of making that spoke to my soul.  I left Penland after Auction, walking on dry land – no longer swimming in the brokenness of the Blues.  I was changed from the inside out.  I let go fear and started to live in the moment of greatness for my life.  I discovered it’s not about finding myself.  It’s about walking out God’s purpose for my life.  Yes, I’m broken with no more strength to fight.  I’ve failed time and time again, and every one of the choices I made has led to regret.   But, it’s in my brokenness that I’m “justified by grace,” and with that grace each and every moment is a NEW DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment