Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

Who Am I? The Beginning

Pictures of Me on Music
Starting over is never easy.  It's the hardest part of the transformation process because it requires that I let go of yesterday and thoughts of "could of, should of".  Knowing that I've done my best under the circumstances.  I'm not perfect, and yes, I've made mistakes.  Letting go of my mistakes and forgiving myself is hard but necessary if I want to shed the pain that caused me to get fat. 

I'm standing on the promise that no matter how it looks God is in control.  Not me and not the circumstances of my life.  And definitely not the people who have hurt me or been mean to me for no reason other than they could.  The world is a cruel place, and my suffering makes me a better human being -- more caring, more compassionate, more loving, more understanding, more passionate, more appreciative...  It's not my failures that define me, but my ability to keep trying.

PROCESS: Today's journal page is two pages glued together using PVA with Methyl Cellulose.  After pages dried overnight, copes of music were attached with same glue.  Waxed paper was used in front of and behind facing pages.  Taped pages to table to keep glue from spreading.  Smoothed image with a bone folder.  Let page dry overnight.  Printed my pictures on coated paper using laser printer.  Picture glued and music coated using matte medium. I'm using a bound journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment