Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

The Thrill Is Gone: Observations on Experiencing Freedom


Indigo Blues Fibershed
I was blessed to witness B.B. King perform “The Thrill Is Gone” on more than one occasion.  I never knew his Blues lyrics would one day be an anthem of freedom in the circumstances of my life.  But here we are as I walk out the last summer of life with my momma.  Her broken heart combined with my own is a heavy burden but for the Divine Mercy of Jesus Christ.  Once upon a time I had the love of a family, now in the second quarter of my life it has come down to a few precious moments shared with my momma.  To love and be loved in return is the greatest blessing we can experience on this Earth Walk.  Cherish it!  Guard it as your most precious possession because life is short and fragile, what’s here today can be gone tomorrow and redo isn’t an option.  Some circumstances only happen once in life, choose well!.....


No comments:

Post a Comment