Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

You Don't Know What Love Is Until You've Learned the Meaning of The Blues


Finally, finally! At Last! The deep rooted Blood Tie of me, Skaru:’re Toisnot @ Contentnea to a Nottoway Turtle Clan.  At Last!  At Last! I get to walk out the source of my own mess.  The shards of my own brokenness!  Traveling the Ancient Trails on paved Hwy 42 and branching off North through Princeville, Scotland Neck, Rich Square and Woodland on Hwy 258.  I AM being made a Neyuheruke Runner to bless the hearts of Eva Kwong, Jaki Shelton Green and Rebecca Cross.  At Chowan beside Lake Vann, I get it!  “You don’t know what love is until you’ve learned the meaning of the Blues!”   I can look at myself in the mirror and say it without moaning and sobbing.  I ain’t got nothin’ and nobody but Jesus!  It’s just me and Thee!  I’m taking ownership of my own pain and heartache.  “Cause long as I got Jesus I’m okay!”  Friends will banish you and family will become separated from you.  It’s Cool!  We all are broken!  The land has got The Blues!  And, all the people connected to the land got The Blues.  I’m talking about Skaru:’re Blues, Contentnea Creek Skaru:’re Blues traveling Hwy 42 to Hwy 258 up to Murfreesboro.  Eastern North Carolina’s First Highway of Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment