Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

The Debt Is Settled In My Mind


The Debt Is Settled In My Mind

Holding on to yesterday’s pain, heartache, anger, resentment, bruises and negative sentiments is like holding on to smoke.  Yesterday is gone forever, Dear World!  None of us can turn back time.  I hear people talk about the “good ole days.”  What good ole days, I ask?  This is today, this moment of seeing, experiencing, creating and breathing.  All I have is what is in front of me at this precious moment.

I’m settling the debt that's at the root source of my Blues.  As I sojourn over ancient trails, I’m listening to the echo’s on the wind.  I soak in the wonder of the Big Sky over North Eastern North Carolina.  We have an amazing state with a wide range of diversity and life styles.  Sad that those of us calling this land home are so fragmented and marginalized.  Oh well!  Such is the way of the world.  I’m sticking with Jesus.  At this place in my life, I don’t have anything or anybody but Jesus.  Jesus is enough for me.  Being a maker of things with creative hands requires joy, peace and contentment with no drama.

People drama tears my nerves out the frame!  Literally!  One glimpse of drama and I’m spitting on the ground, walking away and not looking back.  We part in peace and sojourn on our own Trail of Tears, separated from each other.  All of us are never meant to get along all of the time.  But, war is not the answer.  War just makes more war but no problem gets solved.  So, what do I want to make today?  Peace that comes from the anointing of the Holy Spirit in the sacred name of Jesus through Lord God Almighty.  Peace that comes from my being content with and confident in walking out the Purpose of my Earth Walk to be a maker of unique art objects to enlighten an  environment.