Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

The Blessings Of A Birthday


Mercy, Mercy Me! How Time Flies When You’re Having Fun!

It’s my birthday as of 3:00 AM today, September 24th.  I’m thankful to be able to witness another birthday.  In my case, I know first hand the miracle of just surviving.  A friend told me once that we have to will ourselves not to die in the wilderness!  I’ve been through a lot, but by God’s Grace I’m still here.  I’m thankful for every birthday and every moment of life.  Most things that women have in this society that defines us, I don’t have.  And, it’s okay!  I’m content with what I do have, and with the circumstances of my life.  I’ve loved and been loved.  I have joy and I’ve experienced pain and heartache.  The good out weighs the not so good by hundreds of pounds.  I’m blessed and I’m redeemed!  I’m Still Here & I’m Idle No More! Happy Birthday 2 Me!

Dear World
Still Here!
Just As I Am, Lord!
Just As I Am.
NC Tuscarora standing proud.
Yes, my scars show
My brokenness,
My troubles
It all shows in my face.
But, I'm Still Here!
Everything that was done
To beat me down,
To silence my voice,
To erase my existence
Didn't work.
Cause, I'm Still Here!
Nooherooka 300 happened
And, set me free.
I'm free to be me
The me I was born to be
No longer hiding in plain sight.
Me, as First Nations Tuscarora and Seminole
Shouting for all to hear
"Free At Last, Free At Last
Thank God Almighty, I'm Free At Last!
Cause, today is not yesterday,
Yesterday is gone forever.
I'm here today and in this moment
And, I'm Idle No More!