Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

My Awakening #8/30 Art That Heals

"Dancing Clouds Day 08"
Healing takes time and patience.  Coming out of toxic painful situations aren't healed in an instant.  It's a slow evolution on a road less traveled.  Our culture demands instant satisfaction, quick results but the circumstances of our lives just don't work that way.  It has been one full week since I finished up the school year teaching art to 525 different K-8 children each week plus adult pottery students.  I am so thankful for summer break and the opportunity to just sit and paint for the simple joy it brings.  My hands are missing clay, and I hear earthenware relief tiles calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment