Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

Share Like An Artist


Chowanook Uprising
My 85 learners have shared many lessons with me this semester, some profound and some tender.  The process of education has wasted energy and missed opportunities.  The values of handcraftsmanship and pre-capitalist forms of culture and society” are relevant today to get reconnected to creative hands.  The process of making something out of nothing is healing especially when we find ourselves in difficult circumstances.  Life is about taking the bitter with the sweet and learning how to walk out your fears.  I’m living in indigo blues.  I’m content with the circumstances of my life.  I forgive my self and others.  I stay focused on living in the moment and I’m learning to trust and obey God and His plan for my life.  I'm Chowanook Uprising from Toisnoit & Contentnea.

Prep work for teaching contemporary art & design next semester.  Course will be in 3 units:
·      Unit #1 ~ It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want To Be
·      Unit #2 ~ Share Like An Artist
·      Unit #3 ~ Art & Fear

Show Your Work! By Austin Kleon

1.    You don’t have to be a genius.
2.    Think process, not product.
3.    Share something small every day.
4.    Open up your cabinet of curiosities.
5.    Tell good stories.
6.    Teach what you know.
7.    Don’t turn into human spam.
8.    Learn too take a punch.
9.    Sell out.
10. Stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment