Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

2015 Day #48 ~ Ash Wednesday

The days of winter are rushing past me like a mighty wind.  The land is being cleansed with sleet and now cold weather in the single digits.  Ash Wednesday begins a season of reflection and redirection.  I'm busy trying to make as much new art as possible.  Finally finishing my "Stitch Book."  It turned into a combination of 1) the decorative stitches possible with my sewing machine; 2) "Stupendous Stitching" techniques of Carol Ann Waugh; and 3) examples of hand embroidery.  My goal is to incorporate these techniques in the whole cloth "Indigo Blues" wall hangings I'm creating.  I'm trying to complete work for upcoming shows in March.  Stepping up my game!
Stitch Book Cover

Cover Close Up Lower Half

Cover Close Up Top Half

No comments:

Post a Comment