Come Back As A Flower

Come Back As A Flower
Mixed Media Self-Portrait (Sculpted clay mask, fabric & digital illustration)

What Do I Want To Make Today? Faith & Courage 2 Endure Pain


Dyed Cloth On Clothesline Blowing In The Wind
Some moments and circumstances are just plain painful.  Today I want to make calm and peace inside myself to counter balance the pain in my body.  I’m experiencing a moment of distress when my flesh feels rotten.  It’s moments like this that I have to “dig deep” inside myself and demonstrate faith and courage to push through the pain.  Pain fades like the Blues in The Light of Divine Mercy.  Now matter how I feel and what my circumstances dyeing cloth heals my brokenness.  These dyed torn remnants represent old fashioned cloth bandages used by women in my family before disposable sanitary products were available.  These are stained as a metaphor for the pain of heartache, rejection, brokenness and misunderstandings.